Incorporating my preschooler into our studies this fall has been loads of fun! We are using the Bible as our main textbook, and are currently studying the book of Genesis. I have found so many amazing resources to help him jump right in and be a part of our learning each day.
Some things he has done or is doing with us:
- Made a minbook for Noah’s ark using this printable
- Learned about animal classification
Playing a game using mega blocks to sort by color to explain classification
Sorting games with beans for more classification learning
- Read A is For Adam by Ken Ham
- We are using these fabulous letter coloring pages
- We also use flash cards to jump to the letters I call out (sort of like Hullabaloo with our own twist!)
- We’ve made a mini book about the days of Creation
- Colored rainbow pictures when we talked about the Flood and God’s promise
- The preschooler has joined in all of our video watching and read alouds
- His older siblings read books to him about Adam and Eve, Creation, and Noah’s Ark
- We’ve been reading lots of books about dinosaurs
- Made a family tree when we learned about the family line from Adam to Noah
It’s been really rather simple and natural to include activities for all different age groups while studying Genesis. The preschooler has fit right in and I’m excited to have us all digging into the Bible together.