We have been studying Joseph for the past few weeks and it has been amazing.
Here is what we have done so far!
We have read through the Bible passage each day together. Everyone follows along in their Bible and looks for their spelling words of the week as we read. We discuss the passage while we read using the Life Application Study Bible.
- Watched Joseph King of Dreams
- Studied Ancient Egypt using A Child’s Geography: Explore the Holy Land
- Made a map of ancient Egypt
- The boys made a Lego Stop Motion movie about Joseph
- Copywork from the passage
- The kids made an authentic ancient Egyptian feast- turned our living room into a scene from ancient Egypt!
Writing Prompts for this topic:
- Write about a dream you once had. What do you think it meant?
- You are in Ancient Egypt. Write a letter home to tell me about it.
Here are some resources about Joseph and/or Ancient Egypt that we’ve been using:
- Echo in Egypt- a beautiful short story about a cat named Echo that Joseph befriends while imprisoned- has a great devotional too
- Resources on Joseph-a huge list of resources
- Nile River-information
- The Pyramids of Egypt-Answers in Genesis
- Ancient Egyptian Chronology– Answers in Genesis
- Biblewise- huge list of GREAT resources and activities for all ages- we used many of these
And finally…here is the little on wearing his colorful coat that we made out of a brown grocery bag: 🙂