These resources are a perfect addition to a hymn study. We have done these before and we so enjoyed learning about various hymns. Right now both of these resources are on sale.
Don’t look for a dry recounting of boring historical fact, the devotional-style stories in Then Sings My Soulshow the emotion and drama behind the hymns of faith that have changed many lives throughout history. Designed to be personally reflective, these stories speak to the soul and add depth to a meaningful worship time with God through song.
Recounted are stories of the people whose faith led them to write these wonderful seasonal hymns and the people whose faith was affected by reading, hearing, and singing the songs.
- Includes words and music to each hymn
- Special, softcover, French flap cover design
- Ivory paper with brown ink
- Jagged edged paper, giving it a classic feel
- Complete with hymn index
- Use for devotionals, teaching illustrations, introductory remarks for song leaders and music ministers
We spend a great deal of time in our Bible study. Yet one thing we haven’t done much this year that I want to get back to is worship as a family. There is no more sweet a time than this!
Why worship as a family?
- It brings you closer as a family. Have you ever noticed when you are in a group worshipping, how sometimes you feel so connected to those around you? I know I have had experiences lately, for instance at the Real Refreshment Retreat, when I get a glimpse of heaven by hearing the voices of so many praise at the same, and it points me to that eternal praise song we will sing in glory one day. It is a heavenly moment for sure.
- We are uninhibited. When we are at home with each other, everyone is truly able to let themselves go, raise their hands, sing praises (off key or not 😉 )and belt it out. Sure, we should be this way no matter where we are, but there is something about being home with those you love, that we just let ourselves go 🙂
- It shows the kids that worship is important. Praising the Lord together as a family each day and making it a priority, shows our children that worship is necessary, important, and beautiful.
- It helps us focus on Philippians 4:8. We begin the day (or stop during the day) to fil our minds with praises and to focus our minds on Him. Starting your day with praises gets everyone off on the right foot.
- It is Biblical. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6
- It is energizing. There is no amount of caffeine that wakes me up more than seeing a two year old with hands lifted, belting out praises. Trust me, I know. 🙂
So how can you worship as a family?
- Sing hymns.
- Use YouTube to find worship or praise music. Many can be found with lyrics so everyone can follow along.
- Set aside time each day, just as you would read devotions or Bible study. Schedule it.
- Find ways as a family that work for you. As long as you are praising there are really no “rules.”
Worshipping together as a family is such a beautiful time together. It is something that truly unites as a family, and brings Glory to God. Praise God for the opportunity we have each day to spend this time together!
Bible Based Homeschooling: Our Experiment Using the Bible as Our Main Textbook is complete and is available for just $1.99 (PDF)
Click below for more details!
Are you ready for the school year? Here is some encouragement for you!
Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your Homeschool is also available for $0.99