Experience Astronomythis post may contain affiliate links.
this post contains affiliate links
When our kids were young, it was easy to teach them their alphabet and how to count. As the years pass, certain subjects become more difficult to teach. It can be easy to be intimidated by certain subjects – like the sciences.
This year, a new course is available that will help solve your problems. Experience Astronomy.
For centuries astronomy was considered one of the seven classical liberal arts of education. Experience Astronomy allows students to join this long-standing tradition and really grasp the God-created order of the heavens.
- You, the parent, don’t have to be the expert: I’ll do all the teaching for you (via video).
- It’s integrative: The course includes integration with history, literature, and even the Bible.
- No special equipment needed: Your student will study the stars the way the ancients did—with their own two eyes.
- It’s interactive: Your student will get outside on a weekly basis to take notes or draw specific observations in the sky.
- From the comfort of home: All the required activities can be done online or in your own backyard.
- Christian emphasis: The subject of astronomy is studies through a Christian worldview.
What Does Experience Astronomy Cover?
The e-course integrates astronomy with others subjects, such as history, classical literature, and the Bible. Throughout the year students learn:
- how to use the sky for navigation,
- how to find dozens of major constellations,
- the phases of the moon,
- the motions of the stars throughout the night and throughout the year,
- how eclipses work,
- how astronomy has shaped both the Biblical calendar and our modern calendar,
- information about the planets, asteroids, comets, and meteor showers,
- mythologies associated with the constellations,
- and more!
Experience Astronomy is a full-school year video e-course geared towards 6th to 9th graders.
- Starting in September your students will look forward to the engaging, weekly teaching videos.
- Students will receive a field guide and are expected to complete weekly outdoor observation activities, giving them a firsthand knowledge about the motions of the sun, moon, stars, and planets.
- A course guide with supplemental reading, writing activities, and more will be provided.
- Weekly online quizzes to test your students understanding of the materials will be provided. Don’t worry, the grading will be done for you!
The regular price for Experience Astronomy is $97 for the school year, but if you buy now you can get it for 20% off ($77) until the end of June. There are also multi-student discounts available.